Sunday 8 April 2012

Fanfiction Readers Are Glorious

Why my fanfiction readers rock: 


I wrote a chapter amounting to 10,755 words, and published it yesterday. I received 138 hits, and 16 reviews in roughly a day. All of them lovely, uplifting, interesting and enthusiastic responses! I've even received more personal feedback on top of that from readers on Facebook. In total, I have now received over 600 reviews on Thirty Minutes to Heartbreak, and I am so, so deliriously happy about each and every one of them. I did the happy dances.


Why the real world does not yet rock for me:


I put my heart and soul into writing Fathoms of Forgiveness, and I am so, so proud of it. I cried while writing it in several parts. I laughed until I cried in even more parts! It is 93K words, and it is a full, complete story. I published it on March 15th. I received five reviews, mostly from my loyal fanfic readers. 

On March 27th-28th, I gave away 3,011 copies of the novel. For free. That's a tiny bit more than the hits I've received on my teeny weenie chapter, isn't it? Only a few thousand more. Yup, you guessed it. NO REVIEWS. ZERO reviews from over 3,000 free copies given away! Ahhhhhhhh! Perhaps I am spoiled, but I am not used to such neglect and apathy. 



Note: If you're wondering what the big deal is about reviews, allow me to explain that I am actually a robot, and reviews are what I eat and drink to keep my mechanical parts moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment