Saturday 21 January 2012

The Difference Between Visola and Aazuria

When I'm sitting on my bed with my laptop on a blanket over my legs, innocently writing Aazuria's lines, and I hear a strange noise in my house, I panic and grab the medium-sized dagger beside me. Then I proceed to think about all the types of people who could be breaking into my house, and what their motivations could be, and where I should position myself strategically, and what I should do in the event that something goes wrong. I look at the shadows through the doorway and think about what exactly I will do if I see the slightest movement. I think about my aim in throwing my dagger so I don't have to get up and remove the laptop from my lap (because I'll really just throw my knife into the person and go right back to writing?) and I think about how the dagger isn't perfectly weighted for throwing and I really should get up and get closer to the entryway so that I surprise them instead of them surprising me. A million other thoughts assail me, so I end up sitting there and staring at the shadows, paralyzed in almost-fear, reluctant but ready to take action.

When I'm writing Visola's lines and I hear a strange noise in my house, I eagerly toss the laptop and blanket off my legs, and grab my medium-sized dagger with excitement while wishing it were bigger. Then I proceed to run downstairs, looking for the source of the noise and hoping some bad-guy is breaking in with bad intentions so that I can kick some ass! I am fired up and ready to fight with someone, but alas, I live in Canada. Bad things don't happen much, (relative to America and my stories) and the strange noises are probably just my furnace struggling to keep my house warm. I am disappointed.

Obviously, I'm still very new to owning a house which constantly makes strange noises.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha love this. This is another reason you need cats. You can always say "it's the cats" (incidentally you will be correct most often)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol :D You are right... I do need a cat! And the ferocious kitty could protect me from the bad guys too!

    ReplyDelete